In typical social media fashion, there is another “viral” post going around telling us once again what is “wrong with America.”
R.I.P. America !!! You went soft on discipline. You raised the cost of living so high that both parents are always at work, rather than spending time with their children. You took God out of schools. Parents were told ‘No you can’t discipline your kids’. Kids had rights blah, blah, blah. Well. America!! You shall reap what you sow, we have lost generations of offspring that have turned into selfish, disrespectful brats who have no respect for people, property or authority! Things need to change! Copy & paste if you have the guts too!!! Give me an Amen if you agree…..! Amen. I am curious to see how many of my friends will agree with this.
I don’t normally copy and paste but this one is spot on!
I’m sorry, but in my experience, this is the kind of bullshit bad parents have been using for several decades now to excuse their own rotten kids’ behavior. In many (not all) cases, so-called “bad kids” are simply raised by irresponsible parents:
- parents who are still kids themselves
- parents who have their own dysfunctional issues
- parents who view children as possessions
- parents who are ignorant about child development
- parents who don’t want to be parents
- parents who are assholes themselves
- parents who are selfish and narcissistic
I could go on and on because I have spent my entire career trying to reverse the REAL damage that bad parents have inflicted upon their children:
- children who are over-medicated for behavioral problems
- children who learn that manipulation is the only way to get their needs met.
- children who become addicted to substances or maladaptive habits
- children who are abused psychologically and physically
- children who cannot get through high school
- children who are unprepared for adulthood
- children who feel unloved, without hope, and destined to fail
- children who harm other people
We need better people so they will raise better kids. And where shall we start? People, these children are the future of mankind! Let’s begin by supporting families, not by tearing them down any further. Maybe a good first step is to PLAN for parenthood instead of acting like kids are an after thought.
This also falls into what I believe is right wing propaganda. Blaming any one group of people for American problems is called scapegoating, and it solves absolutely nothing.
And as for the self-righteous bad parents out there who spread this crap on social media, let me clue you in: you have no “God given right” to pass on your ignorance to future generations, nor to destroy their lives for funsies. The only ones you can really blame for America’s problems are yourselves.